Mailing Address:
PO Box 99551
Raleigh, NC 27624
Street Address:
8341-101 Bandford Way
Raleigh, NC 27615
Tel: (919) 676-6598
Fax: (919) 676-6674
david@davidhinsonlaw.com

Shriver, Schwarzenegger & Collaborative Divorce?

By now everyone has heard the news that Maria Shriver and Arnold Schwarzenegger announced their decision to divorce only days after celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary.  I (predictably ) wondered what kind of process they will use to divorce after 25 years of marriage.  My first thought was that they could benefit from a [...]

A few (little) ways to keep your children in the center instead of in the middle.

As a divorce lawyer, I know it is not easy to be a divorced parent. The day-to-day reality of shared physical custody can become a healthy, routine part of your new life, or a constant source of frustration and anger. When it is the latter, I have found that two things are usually true. [...]

Two Benefits of Collaborative Divorce You Might Not Know

Collaborative divorce is misunderstood. When I tell people I practice collaborative divorce, I would bet that 90% of them have never heard of it and the remaining 10% have the wrong idea about it. I think one of the problems is the name. When people hear “collaborative,” their first reaction, in my experience, is [...]